Monday 12 April 2010

Noodles, noodles, noodles!




We visited our beach hut again today - bit of a northerly breeze, and not enough clothing, but a great day nonetheless.  What joy I feel when I am down by the sea: the expanse of it all, the wilderness, the wind and the sun - I love it!
So, arriving home ravenous, as always, I thought of a quick noodle stir-fry.  You will note, again, from the picture just what my kids ate!  I do my best!
Have fun and be happy!

Stir-fry with Noodles  
(serves 4)

1 packet of dried noodles (use four or five sheets)

2 carrots, chopped into matchsticks
4 spring onions, chopped
8 mushrooms, sliced thinly
handful of frozen prawns
1-2 tbs vegetable oil



Dressing:
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 knob fresh ginger, grated finely
2 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tbs sesame oil

Cook the noodles according to the packet.  Drain and set aside.
Heat a wok or frying pan.  Add the oil and the carrots and stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the onions and mushrooms.  Cook for a few minutes until some juice is released from the mushrooms.
While this is happening, grate the ginger and the garlic and mix with the soy and the sesame oil.  Whisk to mix thoroughly, then tip half into the noodles and mix carefully, and the other half into the stir-fry mixture.  Add the prawns to the stir-fry while you dish out the noodles, then, making sure the prawns are defrosted, tip the vegetables on top.  Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback - leave me a message!