Monday 19 April 2010

Salade Nicoise

 (You'll have to use your imagination to picture today's recipe due to technical difficulties!!)

So, my son, Barney, told me the other day to stop worrying about my weight, cos he thinks I am just fine as I am!  What a love!  Fact is, my jeans are just a little on the tight side just now, and here we are, with the 'Expose All at the Beach with All and Sundry looking on' season almost upon us!  Thanks Barns, and I am still going to cut down a little for a while to reduce the damage that a very Prolonged and Damp winter has done!!!

With that in mind, tonight I made Salade Nicoise.  I am sure that everyone who reads this will know exactly what one is, but here is my recipe!
Have fun!

Salade Nicoise   Serves 2

1 tin tuna, in olive oil (tastes sooooo much better than in brine)
2 eggs, hard-boiled
half a packet of thin, green beans, boiled for 4 minutes
half a pack of baby spinach leaves
a little gem lettuce, ripped
2 ripe tomatoes
a handful of olives

Dressing:
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs wine vinegar
1 tsp grainy mustard
1 tsp clear honey
piece of garlic, crushed
salt, pepper

Layer everything in a pretty salad bowl.  Mix the dressing ingredients and shake well.  Drizzle over the salad then toss when you are at the table.  Serve with some garlic bread for the more hungry amongst us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback - leave me a message!